Over the past few months, I’ve seen the Liebster Award floating around the bloggersphere and I’ve always wondered what it was about. And after being very kindly nominated by the lovely Gwennan from Twenty Something Meltdown, I got the chance to find out!
The Liebster Award is a way to discover new bloggers in the community. When you are nominated by someone, you have to answer eleven questions that the blogger has set you, then tag eleven other bloggers to answer eleven questions that you set them. It’s a lovely gesture on everybody’s part and a great way to get to know someone!
I want to give a huge thanks to Gwennan for nominating me for this award, I don’t usually get nominated for anything so thank you so much! If you haven’t checked out her blog, I highly recommend you do so, it’s a fab read. She also sells greeting cards and prints on Etsy which are just the cutest thing.
So, here are the questions I was set and here and my answers!
1. How old are you?
– I turned 22 on March 29th!
2. Do you have a bullet journal? If so how are you using it? If not, do you want to start one? Or do you organise yourself in another way?
– I don’t have a bullet journal, and I’m going to be honest I have no idea what they actually are and what they’re used for. I just keep some spreadsheets with my schedules for posts and then a notebook for jotting down ideas. I may do a blog post about it sometime!
3. Do you take part in Twitter chats? Which are your favourites?
– I take part in the #welshbloggers chat every Wednesday @ 9PM. I try to take part in #TheGirlGang chat as well, which is on Mondays @ 6PM.
4. Have you been to uni? What did you study? If you do you want to go? What do you want to do?
– I studied Film & TV for 2 years at University. halfway through the course, I realised that Film wasn’t what I wanted to do and I decided to start working full time. Looking back, I definitely regret studying the course I did since I felt like I didn’t do as well as I should have. I’ve written a full post about why I regretted university, which you can read here!
5. What song have you got on repeat at the moment?
– I currently have Bullets by Archive on repeat ever since I heard it here. I don’t know what it is about that song but I adore it.
6. Tell us a bit about your family or your childhood.
– I come from a very fun and loving family, but a lot of my childhood was plagued with anxiety disorder due to bullying I faced in school. Despite that, I loved spending time with my family, especially my cousins on my dad’s side. Every year, we’d go away to a Youth Hostel for a weekend and it would be the best weekend ever. I want to maybe do some blog posts about those trips in the future.
7. Where do you live? Vaguely let’s not invite stalkers.
8. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your days what would it be?
– If you had asked me this years ago, I would have said pasta, but since it caused my IBS, I think I will have to say Pink Lady Apples. I would happily munch on those until the end of time.
9. How do you identify as a blogger? Do you have a niche?
– I don’t think I really have a niche since I just blog about whatever I want. I could post a beauty post one day and then a super nerdy one the following week. I will literally just talk about whatever comes out of my brain.
10. Link to three of your favourite bloggers that you like to read and tell us why!
– Bunny at Witchy Wellness. Bunny is a fellow welsh blogger and a fellow nerd who has the most awesome hair. She blogs about a wide variety of stuff including what life is like with EDS. She’s such a lovely gal and is a brilliant writer too!
– Jemma at Dorkface. I could stare at Jemma’s blog all day, it is that damn good. Jemma is The Girl gang overlord and she is one of the nicest people I’ve ever come across. She blogs about pretty much everything; it’s not hard to find something on there that’s worth reading.
– Serena at Loves Pretty Wild Things. Serena has a lovely little blog where she talks about makeup bits, and other pretty ventures. I always enjoy reading her product reviews, as I’ve found lots of my new favourites through her. She’s also a blog designer, and did the design for my blog!
11. Do you have an Instagram theme? If so do you find it restricting? If not do you want to do one or are you avoiding it?
– Oh god, I hate Instagram themes. No offence to anybody who has them, but I just can’t seem to do it! I’ve tried to make an effort, but I just want to snap so many different things, I find it really difficult to make a theme out of it. If you want to follow me on Instagram, feel free!
Here are my nominees!
Charlotte from Rose Above The Thorns
Neesha from Reinventing Neesha
Ffion from She Means Business
Charlotte from Lottie Lately
Katie from Katie Does Beauty
Tessa from Holly Sparkle
Aimee from AimeeRaindropWrites
Hannah Rose from Hannah Rose
Ellie from I Need More Makeup
Bethan from Life With Bethan
My 11 questions are below! Have fun answering ladies!
1. How long have you been blogging for?
2. Are you more of a cat or dog person?
3. What do you blog about?
4. Tea or Coffee?
5. How has blogging changed your life?
6. What are your favourite things to blog about?
7. Where are you from?
8. How do you stay on top of blogging?
9. Are you part of any blogging communities online?
10. What’s your favourite sweet?
11. What is your most listened to song right now?